Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services
Table of Contents
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services provides in-depth coverage of all the DTS tasks, both new and old, with numerous code examples. SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 7.0 users will both find this book indispensable.
The book has six sections:
- Getting Started with DTS
- DTS Connections and the Data Transformation Task
- Other Data Movement Tasks
- Control Tasks
- DTS Packages and Steps
- Extending the Power of DTS
The source code for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services (DTS) includes the following:
- Many sample ActiveX Scripts for manipulating data, dynamically modifying a package, and working with the file system.
- Visual Basic procedures for creating all of the DTS Tasks in code.
- Example of how to use multiple phases in a transform data task.
- A Transform Data task icon that can be copied.
- A DTS template for looping in a package.
- Code to execute a package on any server.
- Utility for automating the creation of the Parallel Data Pump task.
- A custom task that generates local cube files.
- Code for creating a custom task.
- Code for creating a custom transformation.
Tim Peterson, the chief consultant at SDG Computing, Inc., is the author of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services, (SAMS) December 2000.